More specifically, the following features were added:
1) Procedural perlin noise (fBm) clouds.
2) Bump mapping with normal maps.
The improved rendering code is implemented with GLSL shaders, and requires shader model 3.0 capable graphics hardware.
Here is a video that shows the effects… (Unfortunately not the best quality video since gtk-recordmydesktop was not the best choice for recording!) Anyway, you can see the bump mapping and the clouds! 🙂
Many thanks to the Stellarium development team and the ESA SOCIS organization team for giving me the opportunity to participate in the project! 🙂
Here are some screenshots of the new planet rendering in the Stellarium software, implemented as part of the European Space Agency Summer of Code in Space. I implemented a bump mapping algorithm (using normal maps) in GLSL shaders and I integrated it into the Stellarium application (C++). The planets are ellipsoids. There are still many different things to be done for further improving the project, these are just some samples.
(Many thanks to my mentor Fabien Chéreau and the Stellarium development team for giving me the opportunity to participate in the ESA SOCIS, as well as to the organizers of the summer of code!!)*
Screenshots of the moon at night:
Screenshots of the moon when there’s still daylight:
A very simplistic snakeball game (not yet complete) I made for fun using C++, OpenGL and OpenCV 🙂
In the video I use a flashlight to move the cursor and collect the balls that appear at random positions. I track the flashlight by locating the largest and brightest blob on each frame and calculating the center of its bounding rectangle.
Group project for a Virtual Environments MSc course: an anatomy class
The users (supposed to be students) can move around in the class and inspect a virtual skeleton. During the virtual course they can scatter, grab and move the skeleton bones around and try to combine them correctly. The program is written in XVR scripting language. For the scene and the objects 3d studio was used and the skeleton model was taken from www.turbosquid.com.
Here are some shots of the application running on pc:
Το scriptaki αυτό μετονομάζει τα αρχεία ενός directory μετατρέποντας τα ελληνικά σε greeklish, τα κενά σε underscores και τα κεφαλαία σε μικρά χωρίς να πειράζει τους υπόλοιπους χαρακτήρες. Μπορεί να χρησιμοποιηθεί σε ISO-8859-7 και UTF-8 filenames μόνο.
Directory με αρχεία που θέλουμε να μετονομάσουμε:
$ ls example_dir/
Ελληνικότατο FileνάMe.Txτ Λόλα Γλαδιόλα - Τεράστιο Souxe.Mp3
$ ./cleanup_filenames example_dir/
$ ls example_dir/